[Xen-API] "xe" CLI, without stunnel and easier to build/package

  • To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:46:39 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-GB, en-US
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 13:47:02 +0000

Hi,

As an experiment, I’ve extracted the “xe” code from the main xen-api tree and
ported it to use Lwt_ssl (which binds directly to openssl rather than using
stunnel). The code for this is here:

https://github.com/djs55/xapi-xe

It’s quite easy to build and package separately to the rest of the toolstack.
Perhaps I should transfer this repo to the xapi-project?

For all you opam users out there, I’ve also created an opam package (in the
main repo) so you can “opam install xe”. Note this doesn’t install the
bash-completion scripts, so usability suffers a bit.

Cheers,
Dave