[Xen-API] How to compile the 32 bits xen-api

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: nu li <ixgbevf@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2014 16:06:55 +0800
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 10:41:49 +0000

hi list
ÂÂÂ Now we are trying to compile the xapi for 32bits
ÂÂÂ We follow the steps from github like below:
ÂÂÂ While these are for 64 bits, not 32 bits.
ÂÂÂ I just want to know how to compile XAPI 32bits for Xserver6.2.
ÂÂÂ Any suggestions are welcome
ÂÂÂ Thanks a lot

ÂÂÂ nlx
ÂÂÂÂÂ buildroot
Buildroot for xen-api and related packages, producing RPM and (experimentally) Debian packages.

RPM-based distributions

On RPM-based distributions, the packages are built using mock. To install it on a 64-bit RHEL/CentOS system then you will need to add the EPEL repositories. Here is a useful article for CentOS.

After adding EPEL, install and set up mock:

yum install -y mock redhat-lsb-core
Mock will refuse to run as root. You must choose a non-privileged user to run mock as. Type the following as root:

(Note select a <user> which isn't "mock" when typing the commands below)

useradd <user> -G mock
passwd <user>

su - <user>
You are now ready to clone the buildroot repository and build the packages:

git clone git://github.com/xenserver/buildroot.git
cd buildroot

./configure.sh
make
Finally, install the packages you have just built, run the install wizard to configure your system to boot Xen and start the buildroot components on boot, then reboot:

make install
xenserver-install-wizard
reboot