[Xen-API] using Irmin to distribute the xapi database

Hi,

John Else, Thomas Sanders and I spent a couple of days hacking up a prototype
xapi[1] which uses Irmin[2] to store host and VM configuration in git. It seems
very promising to me: I particularly like the way I can associate threads
(Tasks in xapi-speak) with Irmin views (mapped onto git topic branches) which
remain isolated while running (avoiding scalability and correctness problems I
currently have due to accidental *lack* of isolation) and which get merged on
completion.

If anyoneâs interested Iâve written up a basic design doc here:

https://github.com/xapi-project/xen-api/blob/master/doc/futures/distributed-database/README.md

Cheers,
Dave

[1] https://github.com/xapi-project/xapi