Re: [Xen-API] XAPI create PV (para-virtualized) Ubuntu guest 14.04

Hi,

PV means your guest "knows" it is virtualized, because its kernel
itself is modified to talk directly to Xen [0]. It doesn't mean
minimal filesystem occupation. However, if you want to have minimal
footprint on your guest, you can rely on Ubuntu server installation
[1] (likewise to the Debian netinstall without selecting any extra
packages), or use minimalist distro.

The other alternative is to use unikernel OS, like Mirage [2].

[0]: http://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Paravirtualization_%28PV%29
[1]: http://www.ubuntu.com/server
[2]: http://www.openmirage.org/

Regards,