Re: [Xen-API] Storage Motion - with VM halt ?

Mike McClurg <mike.mcclurg@...> writes:

> On 01/11/12 13:41, Melvin B. wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > My question is if Storage Motion can migrate a shutdown/halt VM between
> > two Hosts in different Pools.
> >

> We wanted to provide this feature in XCP 1.6, but we didn't have time to
> make it happen. You can initiate a storage motion, and then shutdown the
> VM from inside the guest, and the migration will complete, but we don't
> provide an option to migrate a stopped guest. We're planning on making
> this work in the next release.
>
> Mike

""We're planning on making this work in the next release.""

Finaly, does anyone know what will be the next release that will enable of
doing this without having to shutdown the VM from inside the guest to
migrate a stopped guest, for doing a pool to pool migration of a offline vm.
So now, what would be the easy way to do a "move"/copy/migration of a
offline vm from pool to pool and without needing to create any additional
snapshot like current live migration feature do. Mostly in case of move/copy
from pool to pool of a golden template,  it would be great to get something
just like any move/copy of a offline disk/vm from one host to another of the
same pool, ...but now for pool to pool.. and for a offline vm that dont need
to be shutdown from inside the guest...  I hope they still planning to make
this work in the next release of ? Thanks.