Re: [Xen-API] Does XCP 1.6 Support Live Migration

  • To: Opeyemi Opeyemi <opeyemi177@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: James <jgreenlee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 18:32:16 -0400
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Acceptlanguage: en-US
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Mar 2015 22:32:39 +0000

I didn't see a response to this so here goes...

I would suggest that you convert to full XenServer as XCP is no longer
developed.  Since Citrix has open sourced XenServer, it is free to download and
use.  You should be able to upgrade your XCP installation to full XenServer
without any issues.  While I have not tried it, I do not think there are any
issues with live migration on the OpenSource XenServer.

As far as moving VM's from one host to another, I believe you need to have
shared storage accessible to both XenServers for this to work.  Some sort of
iSCSI or Fibre-Channel storage backend should provide what you need.

James