[Xen-API] continuous address space with multiple pages between different domUs

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Michalis R <michrozis@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 02:40:53 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 00:41:06 +0000

Hi
I want to make a continuous address space between two different guest domains.
In particular I want to make a read/write queue, so that both domains, can have an address where they can memcpy from/to data.
For example:
I want 64k bytes space in kernel to act as a queue.
I thought of allocating 16 pages in one domain (16*PAGE SIZE=64k), grant_foreign_access to foreign guest (so I now have 16 gref id's) and map these gref_ids in foreign guest.
But I have a question:
- How can each side, access the allocated memory as continuous space, and not 16 different spaces?
For one page, i alloc_page(...), and then use addr = page_address(page) so I can memcpy to addr bytes up to 4k long. What about more pages?