[Xen-API] Terraform provider for XenServer under Github xapi-project organisation?

  • To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Ringo De Smet <ringo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 21:15:39 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 19:15:53 +0000

Hello,

I was directed to this mailing list by Ben Chalmers via the discussion on this Github issue:

I repost the request as a mail here again.

The terraform-provider-xenserver codebase [1] is the Terraform [2] provider for XenServer. This codebase was originally written by @amfranz but he indicated that he no longer has interest and time to work on it and is willing to transfer the repository:

Terraform has recently created a separate Github organisation for a number of Terraform providers: terraform-providers [3]. Hashicorp indicated somewhere (failed to find the source again) that this organisation will remain limited to the providers developed and maintained so far by Hashicorp and the contributors. But with the split came also the ability to have providers not in this specific setup. Work is in progress to let the core Terraform application download third-party providers not released via the Hashicorp infrastructure.

Which brings me to my request: I would very much like to see this codebase [1], together with peer repository go-xen-api-client [4] be transferred to the xapi-project Github organisation [5].

Links:

Thank you,

Ringo (a sole contributor)