[Xen-research] Custom Xen Real-Time Scheduler

  • To: <xen-research@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Paul Harvey" <stockingpaul@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:45:30 +0100
  • Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 11:49:46 -0700

Hi All,

I am beginning work on a real time scheduler for Xen. I am wanting to prioritise which domain to run on the outstanding time before a domain will be interrupted, either by the periodic timer in Xen or any outstanding one shot timers that the domain has registered.

I have just started and i was wondering if someone could give me an overview of the one shot timer process, ie where the hypercall enters the kernel and stores the outstanding requests from the domains.

I realise that this may be obvious to people out there who know the code backwards however as i have just started it is a little daunting at the moment.

Thanks

Paul