[Xen-users] domU snaphots

I'd like to snapshot a domU at any time to have a checkpoint of the
domain.

Actually I only need the partitions saved, not the domU.

I'd do this now by shuting down the domain, hence the fs are umounted and
then dd/partimage the partitions.

its not perfect, because I have around one minute downtime and actually
a shutdown.

If I see the xen migrate/save of a domain, why not copy the domain with its
disks ?

Is

- xm pause ..
- xm save ..
- dump saved_domU and its disks to a checkpoint
- xm unpause
- restore the checkpoint, shut it down and dump the disks

an option, or how would you do that ?

marcel