[Xen-users] Which OSes do NFSroot?

Hi,

I'm not sure whether xen-devel is the right place to post, so i posted both to xen-devel and xen-users ;-)

Documentation tells it is possible to run domain 1 and others NFSrooted. I'm not sure I really understood what it means!

For Linux, that's ok, i know and use nfsroot capabilities of the kernel. But i was wondering about other OSes whose kernel don't support that option. I didn't look at XEN source code and am not sure i'd understand its principles if i read it! From what I have understood, dom0 shares its device drivers with other guest OSes, right? If that's the case, then i guess one might NFS link to a distant OS image directory and then boot that OS NFSrooted, XEN "simulating a local disk". Actually, i'm MUCH concerned about MS Windows XP. I know ther's no support currently for licence issues, but everybody (web sources) say XEN 3.0 will enable running XP.
Do developpers think users will be to run XP NFSrooted? What about INT 13?

As well, i'm pretty curious as to know how to load XP kernel, as NT/2000/XP boot process is much more different than unices'. In fact, i was wondering if XenoXP developpers were bootstraping from a partition image (with a MBR, a partition table, and a valid partition boot sector allowing the ntdetect.com/ntldr process) as SYSLinux's MemDisk does, or if the had some tricks to directly bootstrap ntoskrnl.exe/hal.dll. Then again, what about INT 13?

To sum up: do xen developpers think it'll be possible to run XP nfsrooted in release 3.x ?

Regards and a big 'congrats' to all of Xen developpers

CH COLLIN