RE: [Xen-users] Recipe for 'Thin Domain 0' request

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "William \(Andy\) Smith" <romaq@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 22:52:16 -0700
  • Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Apr 2005 05:52:20 +0000

<snip>

> Let me know (on or off list) if you have any questions about this setup.

It's the issue of having a 'thinest possible Dom0' I'm working towards at
the moment. I need to get some DomN's up as quickly as possible, and I'm
caught wishing I knew enough about Xen to make a bootable ISO Dom0 so I
could have the entire 600GB raid available for LVM use. If only I had PXE
already working, I'd skip the ISO.

If the business of a 'thin Dom0' will take some time to get worked out,
should I work on having Host 1 boot LVM root + Dom0? The unfortunate side of
this project comes with a number of unrelated technologies that I'm new to
that all need to work in order to achieve the end goal.

I don't want to cover the non Xen stuff here, of course. I just need to
start and make progress in *some* direction and move services to a working
DomN.

--Romaq