Re: [Xen-users] Cannot get ttylinux example from manual to work

Self-answer:

I found the reason: it was but a typo in the path to the image. After I've fixed that all works like a charm.

Thank you all for your great work and sorry for bothering you.

Gisbert

Gisbert Amm wrote:
Hello list,

I'm new to XEN so please bear with me if I'm asking something stupid.

I cannot get the ttylinux example from the manual to work.

This is what I've done:

1. Downloaded the bz2-archiv from Sourceforge.
2. Unpacked it (bunzip2 ttylinux.bz2 - does "extract the ttylinux disk image" probably mean something different?)
3. Created this configfile:

# cat configfile
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-xenU"
memory = 64
name = "ttylinux"
nics = 1
ip = "1.2.3.4"
disk = ['file:/root/ttylinux,hda3,w']
root = "/dev/hda3 ro"

This is what I get, when I try to start it:

# xm create configfile -c
Using config file "configfile".
Error: Error creating domain: vbd: Segment not found: uname=file:/root/ttylinux

Any help or hint would be highly appreciated.

Regards,
Gisbert