Re: [Xen-users] Supported RAM

Hannes Wüsstest-Wohlgern wrote:

Hello!
I’ve got a question concerning the supported amount of ram. I have read that
Xen can currently use up to 4GB of memory. Is this limitation for all
systems together (the server has 4 GB of memory maximum) or does each
guest-system handle 4 GB of memory ?

Thanks for your help

Best regards Hannes

This is a xen-x86 limitation for all guests together. Originally, it was planned that more than 4GB of system memory would only be supported for 64 bit hosts (e.g x86-64), but there is an effort afoot make PAE extensions work in xen so that regular x86 hosts could support more than 4GB. As far as I know, it is not functional yet.

-Tupshin