RE: [Xen-users] Getting X Working with domU's

  • To: <Joe.Hoot@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Roee Sadeh" <roees@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:10:43 +0300
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:10:57 +0000

I too have the same problem w/ the same error and would be very glad to know
what's the problem.

The special thing about my setup is that the machine is diskless so I'm using a
file-backed VBD over NFS (since dom0 is diskless...).
In addition to that the file doesn't contain the entire FS. I seperately mount
/usr and /opt as read-only.
This however does not pose any problem to dom0.
The file-system is suse 9.2.

I was able to bring-up X in domU when the entire FS was mounted read-write in
one file.

thanks,

Ro'ee