RE: [Xen-users] suggestions for most stable config?

> I did this (2.6 -> 2.4) because someone suggested offlist it
> might be more stable, and someone else was told that there
> might still be some performance bottlenecks in the 2.6.10
> code for disk I/O ... which could be interpretted as
> suggesting the 2.4 code is more polished (which considering
> it is a slower moving target would make sense).

2.0-testing has fixes for the 2.6 disk performance issue. We're planning
on rolling out 2.0.6 as soon as we get a chance to investigate a rare
migration issue that's been reported.

> So, this begs the question: Are there guidelines for a "best"
> configuration? We're currently trying to use XEN to
> consolidate machines by elimating some old dedicated purpose
> boxes that probably should be retired anyway. Stability is
> more important than performance, especially if we're going to
> see the physical machine reboot (and I did with the old
> 2.6 config) ... After that we will use XEN to create new
> services, but again, stability is more important than performance.

We use 2.6 in all of our production systems. I'd say that the vast
majority of testing is done on 2.6 thesedays.

Ian