Re: [Xen-users] HOWTO about XEN on debian sarge

> As I am interested in looking at Xen for the first time and I have a
> debian sarge machine, I followed the first part of your howto.
> Unfortunately on reboot I get the following:
> and then nothing at all, boot does not continue.
>
> Using versions of kernel and all xen packages from your howto.  Once
> I get someone to go and reboot the machine I can get you the kernel
> .config for dom0.
>
> Any ideas what is wrong?  Should I just disable everything to do
> with AGP in the meantime?
I think AGP is still not working perfectly. Other people were having problems
with it, too. See
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-03/msg00375.html and
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2005-03/msg00593.html.

I will add this to my howto.

> Also, I noticed this further up:
>
> WARNING: Failed to register Xen virtual console driver as 'ttyS0'
>
> I have a terminal server attached so normally my kernel lines in
> grub would look like this:
>
> kernel /vmlinuz-2.6.10 ro root=LABEL=/ console=tty0 console=ttyS0
>
> so I added a console=ttyS0 on the end of the kernel line from your
> howto.  Was that wrong?
I have no clue. I guess, if the kernel has support for ttyS0 it should work.
Maybe someone from the developers can help you here.

Christian