Re: [Xen-users] 3ware controller monitoring

Hi again,

The underlying system has a 3ware ATA RAID controller running a RAID1 raid. I now would like to monitor the status of the raid, so I have to run a certain 3ware_cli command in dom0. This command tries to access /proc/scsi/3w-xxxx but does not find it (it's not there). Is there anything I can do to help it?

Are you sure that your driver for the 3ware card is loaded ?

I thought that if I can access the drive (with the root filesystem on it, for example) through /dev/sda, I can be pretty sure the driver is loaded.

Furthermore, the following is true:

> grep 3W /boot/config-2.6.10-xen0
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_3W_XXXX_RAID=y
# CONFIG_SCSI_3W_9XXX is not set

As you can see, the domain 0 kernel is configured for the block device.

Also, running dmesg in dom0 shows:

3ware Storage Controller device driver for Linux v1.26.02.000.
PCI: Obtained IRQ 18 for device 0000:02:03.0
scsi0 : 3ware Storage Controller
3w-xxxx: scsi0: Found a 3ware Storage Controller at 0xd000, IRQ: 18.
  Vendor: 3ware     Model: Logical Disk 0    Rev: 1.2
  Type:   Direct-Access                      ANSI SCSI revision: 00

So I think it must be there. Or am I wrong?
This is all a little new for me.

Best regards,
Carsten