[Xen-users] X instability

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Takeshi Sone <ts1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 21:57:45 +0900
  • Delivery-date: Fri, 13 May 2005 12:57:21 +0000

Hi all,

How does X server work well on dom0 in general?

I'm experiencing frequently drawn gabages and sometimes crashes
and hangs (100% cpu) of certain X applications.

Usually on my deskstop, gnome-panel, sawfish, krxvt, firefox,
and gkrellm are only present.
gnome-panel (and some applets) and firefox crash sometimes.
Sawfish in addition to the two above draws garbage.
krxvt and gkrellm work very fine.

Whether /lib/tls is disabled or not doesn't affect the symptom.

Xen is 2.0.5 and dom0 is Debian Sarge with 2.6.10 kernel built locally.
Machine is PentiumIII/500Mhz and lspci -v output is attached.
Also attached kernel .config.

Aside from this issue, Xen is working very well, currently
with one domU running named. I'm planning to move other services to
domU's.
Thanks for the great software.

--
Takeshi