Re: [Xen-users] NTP time issues DomU's

anyone know where I should set this so that it stays "1" after reboot? I'm not sure the best way to do this ...

thanks a bunch

On Thu, 12 May 2005, andrew mathes wrote:

yes, changing this value allowed domU independent syncing, thank you very much!!

i agree on the config file option if possible ...

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Tupshin Harper wrote:

 Ian Pratt wrote:

> >  like they were getting their time from domain0, and weren't
> >  actually changing their own clocks in accordance with syncing
> >  with the same ntpd server.
> >  ... and running ntpdate doesn't seem to have any effect whatsoever?
>  echo 1 > /proc/sys/xen/independent_wallclock
> > I guess we could be smarter about this, and make the wall clock
>  independent automatically if someone does an adjtimex syscall. Anyone
>  got any comments on this?
> > Ian > > >
 Don't auto-detect based on adjtimex. It would be too easy and too
 confusing to accidentally make such a call once, and then not realize
 that you would no longer be auto-synchronized.

 Instead, make independent_wallclock be a config file option that is
 overridable by proc.

 -Tupshin