[Xen-users] make-kpkg

can someone help me out with using make-kpkg to make a debian package of the kernel install, I can't get the command right, always thinks wrong arch. make ARCH=xen compiles fine, but i can't get

"make-kpkg --arch=xen --append-to-version=.xen.kernel kernel_image" or anything like it to compile, any help?

thanks