Re: [Xen-users] oom-killer keeps killing big un-tars

Mark Williamson wrote:
Are you running any guest domains? What are you using for the other domains filesystems? Things like LVM snapshots and (especially) loopback devices over NFS can use lots of (non swappable) kernel memory in dom0 and cause OOM conditions quite easily.

I currently have one guest domain that is happily running in another 30-40MB of RAM. (Repartitioned my drive, so I'm trying to untar gentoo stage3 and portage.)

All filesystems are currently living on standard extended partitions of a SCSI harddrive.

I do not have NFS(or hardly any other apps) running in dom0.

Now it appears that sshd has locked up or was killed so I can no longer connect to the instance from here. I'll have to sit down at the machine later tonight to do any more debugging. (I had Xen kill something important in dom0 one time that broke my whole access to the console and ssh of dom0.)

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/