Re: [Xen-users] Is using w! safe to share data between domains?

> Even if you eliminated the race condition, in general, it's probably not
> a good idea to open a file system (even if it's read-only) while someone
> else has it open read-write.  There's no guarantee the meta-data is
> going to be in a consistent state.

If you open a filesystem read only whilst there's another writer, the read
only domain will detect filesystem corruption and get upset.  It's not
inconceivable that the reader would actually crash but I haven't actually
heard of this happening.

Cheers,
Mark