Re: [Xen-users] hostfs for xen? (was: Is using w! safe to share data between domains?)

> Would such a thing be interesting for xen? Or would that be too evil? I
> really missed hostfs when i switched from UML to xen.

As I mentioned in my other e-mail, it would be possible to implement a fairly
close approximation to hostfs under Xen.

I'm actually working on a Xen shared filesystem (although I'm currently
distracted with other work).  This is intended as a replacement for NFS but
implemented in a way which is highly optimised for a intra-machine sharing
under Xen.  This will make a substantially more complex implementation but
should give way better performance and resource usage.

A prototype implementation will be announced on the list when it's ready :-)

Cheers,
Mark