Re: [Xen-users] compiling linux-2.6.10-xen0 custom kernel udefined function

> Now, as Xen is patching the kernel anyway, why don't you modify the
> makefile too, to make the ARCH statically be 'xen'? That would probably
> resolve a lot of reoccuring problems and questions.

It's a good point.  It used to do that, I think it changed in an effort to
become as standard as possible (you build UML using "make ARCH=um", for
instance) and to minimise modifications made to standard Linux.

I'm inclined to prefer the current setup simply because it's likely to end up
being used once Xen is in mainline Linux, since we won't then be able to
tweak this variable...

If the build procedure for Linux is not mentioned in the manual yet, it
probably should be, though...  I can't recall offhand.

Cheers,
Mark