[Xen-users] error starting asterisk: undefined symbol: __i686.get_pc_thunk.dx

I saw a few people mentioning they were running or trying to run asterisk on Xen. Last night I checked out v1-0, compiled, ran "make install; make samples", then started asterisk with "asterisk -vvvvc".

Several modules refused to load giving this error:

[chan_sip.so]May 22 13:48:41 WARNING[4308]: loader.c:258 ast_load_resource: /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_sip.so: undefined symbol: __i686.get_pc_thunk.dx May 22 13:48:41 WARNING[4308]: loader.c:440 load_modules: Loading module chan_sip.so failed!

I noload'ed 4 modules and asterisk now runs, but without SIP support, it's kind of lame.

I didn't watch the console the whole time it was compiling, so I didn't see anything interesting there.

I grep'ed my xenU tree for get_pc_thunk and got only these results:

Binary file scripts/mod/modpost matches
Binary file scripts/mod/mk_elfconfig matches
Binary file scripts/lxdialog/lxdialog matches
Binary file scripts/kconfig/conf matches
Binary file scripts/kconfig/mconf matches
Binary file scripts/basic/docproc matches
Binary file scripts/basic/fixdep matches
Binary file scripts/basic/split-include matches
Binary file scripts/kallsyms matches
Binary file usr/gen_init_cpio matches

On google, I found a reference to a possible gcc version incompatibility, and a couple of buzilla reports about linux-2.6.11.

For now, I'll be recompiling gcc and trying again.

Any pointers appreciated.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://aktzero.com/