[Xen-users] RE: mysql & xen - is anyone using this combination successfully?

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Matthias Pfafferodt <mapfa@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 22:36:14 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 24 May 2005 20:36:14 +0000

Hello Paul,

sorry for the new thread, but I'm not subscripted to the list.

I use SuSE 9.3 and the XEN packages they provide. In my dom0 system I had a
similar problem: at boot mysql is started by it never shows up as running if
tested with 'rcmysql status'. After some try and error I deinstalled the
mysql-Max RPM (a MySQL - Server with Berkeley DB) and mysql is working. It
seems that the Berkeley DB doesn't work with XEN (or with tls moved to
tls.disabled). I have not tested this further but I found a similar problem
with amavis (also using Berkeley DB).

Best regards

Matthias
--
Linux is for people who want to know why it works.
Mac is for people who don't want to know why it works.