Re: [Xen-users] Some help for a newbie

Robert Hulme wrote:
It hung during boot though, so I thought I'd make some
changes to the kernel config...

I've done that and now it won't compile the kernel, e.g. :

debian:~/xen-2.0-testing/linux-2.6.11-xen0# make ARCH=xen

My understanding is, after tweaking a kernel's .config file, you should run make dist.

See: http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.user/1044

Quote Steven Hand:

Anyway: once you've built everything at least once (either with "make
world" for the first time or with "make dist" for the first or any
subsequent time), then to build a 'custom' kernel do:

# cd linux-2.6.11-xen0
# make ARCH=xen menuconfig      # or xconfig or whatever
# cd ..
# make dist

--
Andrew Thompson