Re: [Xen-users] xm sonsole usability

Mario Minati wrote:

Hi @all,
have a nice weekend :-)

When I open a console with xm console I am missing the functionallity of the key combination [Shift]+[Page Up/Down].
Am I doing something wrong or is it because it's just not implemented?

xm console is a serial console--not a VGA console. The right way to think of it is that xm console is like attaching a serial cable to a physical machine and running minicom.

Scrolling is only available for virtual terminals (which are usually displayed on VGA consoles). I think a virtual VGA terminal is on the plan for 3.0 and that should provide the desired functionality.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Does anyone know a different way to find out about the messages running through the screen during a shutdown?

Regards,
Mario Minati