Re: [Xen-users] Cannot open root device

Hi Lyndsay, thanks for the quick reply.

Lyndsay Roger wrote:
On Sun, 2005-06-05 at 08:46 +0200, Hsing-Foo Wang wrote:

#disk = [ 'file:/etc/xen/ttyfs,md1,w' ]
disk = [ 'phy:/dev/loop0,md1,w' ]

Sorry, The above is just the other way around. I folowed instrctions in the mailing archive regarding testing the loop0 approach. No luck.
The values of 'file:...' are correct tho.

disk = [ 'file:/etc/xen/ttyfs,md1,w' ]

This line tells the guest domain to map the ttyfs file to device md1.
Does ttylinux have support for raid devices like md1?

Good question, I do not know atm. I will google for it.

Did you try and change this and the root device line to use hda1?

Yes I did, since I have scsi I tried sda1 too but no luck
Then again I am a bit confuse on what to use with 'file:....'
Do I point to the mountpoint or the ttylinyx-xen image file? Again tried both, but no luck.

Also, the line 'root = "/dev/md1"' should this be point to the real host device which in my case is /dev/md1?

Very confused, been trying this for ages now....

TIA

See if that works

Lyndsay.