Re: [Xen-users] vifs and netwroking

Mike & Deb Hoesing wrote:
Thanks James
My /lib/modules/2.6.10-xen0/build/include/linux/netfilter directory has
the file ip_tables.ko but does not have the file iptables_netfilter.ko.

Oops, my Monday morning mistake (I should have actually looked at a machine first): should be iptable_filter.ko.

depmod -av complains that ip_connecttrack can not find ip_connecttrack_expect_related
        ip_connecttrack_expect_put
        ip_connecttrack_expect_allocate
        ip_connecttrack_helper_register
        ip_connecttrack_helper_unregister

(I assume they were all "conntrack"?)

Interesting, those functions are implemented by that module as far I know.

Did you build your own xen0 kernel? If so, can you post your .config as an attachment and maybe also a listing of /lib/modules/2.6.10-xen0/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/

My unaltered kernel 2.6.9.667 does not have iptables_netfilter.ko either
but iptables works fine in that unaltered kernel.

If I install a newer version of iptables, it wants to know the
KERNEL_DIR for the location of kernel source and Fedora does not provide
the kernel source. So I'm kinda stuck making iptables 1.2.11 work.

1.2.11 should work fine.

James