Re: [Xen-users] Quirky Bug: "cat /dev/urandom"

  • To: William Schaller <wschalle@xxxxxxxxx>
  • From: aq <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 06:58:05 -0700
  • Cc: Mark Williamson <mark.williamson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 13:57:18 +0000

On 6/14/05, William Schaller <wschalle@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Here's the scenario: I'm using two ssh windows to control the box.
> With one, I start xend, create the domain. With the other, I use xm
> console to log into the domain. Logged into the domain, I exec cat
> /dev/urandom. Predictably, the screen starts to fill with junk. At
> this point, ctrl-c, nor any other method of escaping either cat or
> this console will work. Attempting any command using xm or xend in the
> other window simply hangs until I ctrl-c. Stopping and restarting xend
> has no effect. I can kill the bash process the other window is
> running, but if I reconnect to the console, I get the same garbage
> dumping endlessly.

yes, it is very annoying not be able to even destroy the domain in
this case. i wonder what makes xend so unresponsive, and how to fix
it.

i think ideally, xend should always be able to handle the requests
(from xm), no matter what is happening.

regards,
aq