[Xen-users] Xen Questions

  • To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • From: "Christian Keil" <c.keil@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 01:58:24 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 14 Jun 2005 23:57:30 +0000

Hello,

I’m rather new to Xen I have a testbed running with 3 VMs on an old Athlon XP 2400+ with 512mb ram.

So far the System is doing good.

I was wondering if anyone has some real life values from productive Systems running Xen. I am planning to Replace a Virtuozzo Host with a Xen Machine.

It is going to have 4GB of RAM and 2 Xeon CPUs with HT enabled. I am yet unsure if its better to use LVM or NFS Storage for the Datafiles.

There will be 16 – 20 Virtual Machines running on the System, none with more than 128MB RAM allocated to it. Most of them do not Produce lots of CPU Usage or Disk I/O however there is short peaks where some of the Servers will create a significant load.

Can I mix Debian and SuSE Virtual Machines without running into Problems ?

Is it also possible to run FreeBSD as VM ?

Last but not least does anyone know a good Support Company that would do the basic Setup or check my Setup, I don’t want to run into Problems later cause I missed a required Configuration Flag.

Thank you

Kind Regards

Christian Keil