[Xen-users] Portability (was Re: Users can provide...)

On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 02:35:39PM +0100, Mark Williamson wrote:
> filesystems Linux will support.  *however* this will arguably be most
> important to people who are a) paranoid about security (highly untrusted
> guests) or b) use really weird filesystems ;-)

Well, "weird" may mean anything; Given that the UFS of linux is nicely said
"dark", and Xen is not a linux-only thing anymore (see *BSD).

Speaking of it, as there are several Operating Systems out there which
want to act as a domO-able OS, too - How "portable" do you think Xen is?

Furthermore, Not all xentools are written in python, right? One could
count taht as a bug.

I'd love a world where I could boot and run all BSDs, some linuxes, Plan9,
some other Operating Systems (currently no xen support at all ;) ). So that
needs a bit more than some shell-script that will just run on unix; Even
Python may be complicated, but is way better than sticking to #!/bin/sh.