Re: [Xen-users] networking

Shahzad Chohan wrote:
Hi

Can someone please explain to me how the following config helps in
terms of a domuU. Basically when I run my domain it still gets its ip
from dhcp?

kernel ="/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-1.1369_FC4xenU"
memory = 100
name = "rhel-4-ws"
nics = 1
disk = ['phy:hda7,sda1,w']
root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
vif = [ 'ip=10.222.4.237,mac=00:03:47:06:E6:85' ]
dhcp="off"
ip="10.222.4.237"
netmask="255.255.252.0"
gateway="10.222.4.1"
hostname= "rhel4ws"

The config file is used by xend to set up the guest
domain. It configures the infrastructure on the guest
domain as well as the corresponding supporting infrastructure
on domain0 (event channels, virtual interfaces, etc.).

If your question is that you have dhcp off and you are
providing an IP, and the guest domain is still getting
its IP from dhcp, then that is probably a bug.

I've been out of things for a couple of weeks and haven't
checked current code, so don't know if this is a current
issue, but I can test it out.

Presumably if someone on this list knows of any current
issues they'll pipe in :).

Secondly, make sure you edit your interface scripts
on the guest domain and have them configure it as you
want.

thanks,
Nivedita