[Xen-users] big sized applications in XEN virtual machine

  • To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • From: Andre Kuester <andre.kuester@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 04:04:45 +0200
  • Delivery-date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 02:03:51 +0000

Hi,

recently I discovered the exsistance of Xen. I looked a bit around and
feel quite
impressed by this solution. Then an idea came to my mind, having a partition
for a more or less stable server and one for my bleeding edge desktop
playground.
I think I am not the only one with that ;)
But I dont want to use the typical lamp server config, I thought more about
a massive database server, such as DB2 together with a recent version of
SAP Netweaver. Both of them are quite memory and of course IO-hungry.
I have decent hardware to run that, but I couldnt found any experience report
about such a xen-DB2-SAP combination. So I ask you, if there are any experiences
with that. In special I ask myself, how the removal of the TLS libraries might
affect performance and stability of those applications.
(Preferred OS is RHEL4)

I would be glad to hear some hints or experiences.

Thanks & Regards,
Andre.