Re: [Xen-users] FC4 and Xen Installation.

> Hi Jim,
>
> jim tate wrote:
> > In the process of installing Xen server packages. They won't install,
> > Can someone help me on this .
> > yum --installroot=/xen/base -y groupinstall|| web-server \
> >        --enablerepo=base --disablerepo=development
> >
> > this email supercedes previous , because of  errors.
> > Jim
>
> you should probably give us the error message or result you receive.
> It's quite hard to guess otherwise.
>
> Best Regards,
> Michael Paesold

I've had some troubles with yum myself.
If (like me) he's following:
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstart

I started with a FC4 minimal install (yum 2.3.2).  By following the guide,
yum --installroot=/mnt -y groupinstall Base
fails with:
Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released

The guide cautions "Make sure that your yum configuration points to a
valid repository."  Unfortunately, it doesn't mention that the default
yum.conf (which works great for updating the system), is not adequate for
initializing a blank filesystem.

The default yum *.repo's in FC4 use $releasever in their URL's.  This
variable isn't getting set because yum detects $releasever from the
package "fedora-release" (default on FC4).  Which hasn't been installed
into the chroot directory yet (chicken or egg?), so it autodetects Null.

The only thing I've been able to work out so far is a custom yum.conf that
bypasses the variable.  Then I hit a roadblock with a package
(specspo-9.0.92-1.3.noarch.rpm) with no gpg key  So I disabled gpg
checking in the custom yum.conf.  The easiest thing I've come up with is:

cd /etc
cat yum.conf yum.repos.d/*.repo > yum.init-xenU.conf
vi yum.init-xenU.conf
        :%s/\$releasever/4/
        :%s/gpgcheck=1/gpgcheck=0/
        ZZ
yum -c /etc/yum.init-xenU.conf --installroot=/mnt -y groupinstall Base

Someone with a little sed knowledge could make a proper script of this.