Re: [Xen-users] missing drivers, am I confused?

> Ough what a hell :-) . So why is so much stuff disabled? I mean,
> if I make menuconfig without setting ARCH, it is assumed that my machine
> has a PCI-bus, but with Xen, it is not?

Yup.  If you find the dom0 defconfig (it's somewhere under arch/xen/configs, I
think) and copy that to .config first, you'll start off with more useful
defaults for what you want to do.

I think the initial config defaults to being a domU (which makes sense, I
think).

The other problem is that if you go disable Physical Device Access, it has the
knock-on effect of the Linux configurator disabling loads of other things
that you have to go back and turn on...

> However thanks for the pointer, it still fails (probably because other
> important yet configureable stuff have been disabled, too) but I have
> something to look for ;-)

No probs.  Probably easiest to start with the dom0 config rather than figure
out all the dependencies in the Linux build system (unless you really want
to!!!)

Cheers,
Mark