[Xen-users] Newbie query - Xen and security

Hi all -
I'm a first-timer here, and have just installed Xen. **Awesome** stuff! A very easy install, and *superb* documentation by the Xen team too, so a huge "thank you" to the Xen team!

I have a query re Xen and security. If I'm using the 'net (browsing, email) while I'm running a Xen-enabled kernel, does that make it more difficult for the bad guys out there to pop a rootkit or virus onto my PC? I tend to envision Xen as making everything "virtual", so that if they did try to rootkit my PC, they couldn't actually _install_ it onto my system, (as I'm running a "virtual environment" ). So, if I understand correctly, any "damage" that they try to do is *totally* limited to the session I'm running, and when I next fire up my PC, all will be well.

Is my description pretty much accurate? Very many thanks in advance for your replies!
Bye for now -
-  Andy