Re: [Xen-users] help with "error extent to vbd failed: ... error 8"

On Wed, Jun 22, 2005 at 05:07:28PM +0200, Sascha Retzki wrote:
> > > Well I deleted the sed-part that made /dev/ disappear. This time I
> > > get the old error, device (vbd (uname file:/xen/...) (dev hda1) (mode w)),
> > > error 8

I can reproduce that on Xen/Linux (finally got that to work).
a file:/ entry works for disk, but not phy:. The testcase I do is a
cdrom-drive, so the line is:

disk = ['file:/xen/slack/linux.img,hda,w' ,
        'phy:/dev/hdd,hdd,r']

I tried to reverse the order, and to make that a one-liner, so I suspect
it is a parsing-problem. Anyway, all phy: stuff failing sounds a bit
strange ;-)

Sooo, anybody an idea why that fails? Ideas where it failes, or how
I could track down the latter (not much python skills, not much
kernel-skills ;-))

What is the second argument, btw? Is it the name of the device the domU
"sees"?