Re: [Xen-users] load balance w/multiple processors?

>   I've got a couple of dual-core dual-processor Opteron boxes that I'm
> thinking about running xen on.

Waaaaa!  Mathematicians have better machines than me.  :-)

> From my testing so far, it looks to me
> that once a domain has been assigned to a particular processor, it will
> only use that processor, even if one of the other processors is idle.
> Is this correct?  If so, is this something that is being worked on?

Yes.  Xen 3.0 will allow multiprocessor guests.  Also, a domain load balancer
is being worked on that'll automatically repin guests to other CPUs.  I guess
that'll end up in 3.0 too...

In the meantime, the best you can do is to do a coarse grained manual "repin"
when your system load changes significantly.

Cheers,
Mark