Re: [Xen-users] Error: errors: transfer daemon (xfrd) error: 1

Hi,
> I have a two domain-0 hosts up and running and a virtual domain host that
> gets it's root filesystem over nfs. This virtual host should be possible to
> transfer to my other machine running XEN. I have actually got this working
> earlier, but now it doesn't work. I might have upgrade too much!
>
> xen:~ # xm list
> Name              Id  Mem(MB)  CPU  State  Time(s)  Console
> Domain-0           0      123    0  r----     26.4
> xm1                1       63    0  -b---      3.4    9601
> xen:~ # xm migrate -l 1 192.168.16.39
> Error: errors: transfer daemon (xfrd) error: 1
>
> What does this error mean?
> Xend of cause runs on the 192.168.16.39 machine. But shouldn't it be
> visible on a specific port? Shouldn't I be able to see this with nmap?

Did you check if xfrd is running? just xend alone won't do.
The binary is in /usr/sbin/xfrd on my install.

netstat output:
tcp    0   0 0.0.0.0:8002       0.0.0.0:*           LISTEN      7287/xfrd

You'd also see that port on nmap.

Greetings,
/Ernst