Re: [Xen-users] How to make an initrd for xen

You need the xenU kernel installed as well as the xen0 kernel and then
you need to do:-

touch /lib/modules/2.6.11-1.1369_FC4xenU/modules.dep
This creates a file called modules.dep in specified directory. mkinitrd
will complain if this file does not exist!

then:-

/sbin/mkinitrd /boot/initrd-2.6.11-1.1369xenU.img 2.6.11-1.1369_FC4xenU

The filename you specify for the initrd can be anything but notice I've
specified it to be in the /boot directory and descriptive of the kernel
version.

The last argument is the kernel version you want to make an initrd from.
We want this to be the kernel we will be using in our guest domain(your
EL3 machine).

This will create an initrd that you can specify in your domain config
file for your EL3 virtual machine.

I have done this many times under Fedora, you should have no problems
with this technique.

Jonny