Re: [Xen-users] How to make an initrd for xen

> I've started from scratch again, cos I got fustrated with it.
> Basically I'm now trying to run the 2.4 kernel on FC4. I got the
> kernel from the xen site i.e 2.06. the problem is that it won't boot.
> It keeps crashing saying something like

Xen 2.0 is one compatibility series, Xen 3.0 is another.  FC4's Xen (and Xen
tools) is part of the 3.0 series, so you can't run a Xen 2.0 guest kernel on
it.

What you need is to grab the Xen source code for a Xen 3.0 2.4 guest kernel.
Try downloading the unstable binary tarball, boot 2.4 and see if that works.

Cheers,
Mark