Re: [Xen-users] OpenMosix and Xen

On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 06:20:52PM +0200, Miguel Gómez wrote:
> I would like to mount Xen Virtual Machines on a OpenMosix Cluster. Can I do
> that? I have seen a Vincent Hanquez patch in OpenMosix sourceforge page.

not really. the patch is here to have an openmosix kernel running under
Xen as Mark said.

> The thing is that I think that if you use that patch, you can make a Cluster
> with a lot of Virtual Machines. But what I want to do is the opposite, I
> want to make a Cluster with real machines, and then I would like to mount
> Virtual Machines on that Cluster. I know, I would like to do a lot of things
> and they are a bit dificult, so I need your help and support.

openMosix is not what you are looking for, because openMosix migrates
object at the process level, whereas VM are a whole operating system.

At a basic start, you can write a small application that will
communicate with other node for gathering lots of heuristic (cpu load,
mem load, ...) and execute xm migrate locally.

that might look like an openmosix userspace scheduler actually.

--
Vincent Hanquez