Re: [Xen-users] Cant boot xen on am64 with sata hard disk

> 3742  tar -zxvf /mnt/cvs/yoper/SOURCES/xen-2.0.6-src.tgz
> 3743  cd xen-2.0/
> 3744  ls -l
> 3745  rm -Rf freebsd-5.3-xen-sparse linux-2.4.30-xen-sparse
> netbsd-2.0-xen-sparse
> 3746  ls -l
> 3747  mv ../linux-2.6.11.tar.bz2 .
> 3748  ls -l
> 3749  make world
> 3750  cd linux-2.6.11-xen0/
> 3751  make ARCH=xen menuconfig
> 3752  make ARCH=xen all
> 3753  cd ..
> 3754  make

Wow :-)

I just did "make world" on 3745 - it did not build free/netbsd or linux-2.4.
Maybe I am wrong, tho. However, 315[12] and the rest look ok and should work.

> On make ARCH=xen menuconfig seems there are few driver options to configure.
> What I am doing wrong?

That is because when you do a menuconfig yourself, the config is setup for a
xenU kernel, thus real hardware support is disabled. The drawback(s) are
that you'd have to enable real hardware support, *and* support for PCI,
some other things that are very very fundamental and so on.
I f***ed it up myself this way, asked on this list ;-) so it is most likely
you want your .config -file to be a copy of a xen0 preconfigured config
file. These are, iirc, in xen-2.0.6-stable/xen/arch/.... something.
Sorry I don't remember. Go to the xen/ subdir and type:
$ find . -name \*xen0\*
or
$ find . -name \*conf\*xen\*

I think the names are like that. Then copy those to linux-2.6.XX-YY/
directory as a ".config" file. Maybe you must do a make ARCH=xen oldconfig,
never really got for what that target is for, anyway.