Re: Spam:*, [Xen-users] Init error on boot up

Gday,

I believe you'll find that your device nodes haven't been created.
Even running devfs, you need some basic nodes (AFAIK).
The way I've overcome this in the past is to copy the /dev entries
from my host system to the mounted root either before or after
a chroot install.
For me, this approach had worked best with DFS (Debian From Scratch)
chroot installs and systemimager installs.
I image it should be a similar situation with debootstrap and cdebootstrap.

Just creating /dev/console, /dev/tty0 etc will not be enough, however
I'm not sure what the minimal requirement is.

Marcus.