[Xen-users] Partitioned LVM VBD

I remember some time ago, there was discussion about the use of an lvm volume
as a partitioned vbd, whereby the
xen domain is handed a single vbd which it then correctly detects as being
partitioned and creates the associated
device nodes. Try as I might, I am unable to get this to work. I've tried using
devfs (which results in my gentoo
install not being able to boot), and I've tried udev. What am I doing wrong?

I've included my domain config file so that you can get a better idea of what I
mean.

name = "wmcgrath"
kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.10-xenU"
memory = 64

nics=1
vif = [ 'mac=aa:00:00:00:00:30' ]

disk = [ 'phy:/dev/fs/management,0301,w', 'phy:fs/wmcgrath,0800,w' ]

ip="210.55.104.30"
netmask="255.255.255.192"
gateway="210.55.104.62"

root = "/dev/hda1 ro"
extra = "4"

restart = 'onreboot'

The logical volume in question is /dev/fs/wmcgrath, and I'm exporting it as
/dev/sda (0800). However, inside the
xen domain, it's recognised as sda0.

I'm using xen-2.0.6 with linux-2.6.11.10 for dom0 and linux-2.6.10 for domU.

Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated.