Re: [Xen-users] Accessing /dev/ttyI0 in guest domain not possible?

Hi Mark,

Making some progress now. However, I still have some problems although it
looks I can access the ISDN card so now and then.

This is what I have done:

title Xen 2.0 / XenLinux 2.6.11 rks
   kernel /boot/xen.gz dom0_mem=64000 console=vga physdev_dom0_hide=(01:0d.0)
   module /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.11-rks-xen0 root=/dev/hda3 ro console=tty0

And in my guest OS I put the line: pci = ['01,0e,0'] so I will have access
to my ISDN PCI card. Asterisk is not complaining anymore, but no calls are
 ISDN calls are "seen" by my gues OS.

Using lspvc -v I found out that the ISDN card did not got an IRQ, so I
inserted the card in another PCI-slot and rebooted the system. Now I get
the message that shows me an IRQ has been found:

ISDN subsystem Rev: 1.1.2.3/1.1.2.3/1.1.2.2/1.1.2.3/1.1.2.2/1.1.2.2
dss1_divert module successfully installed
HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
HiSax: Version 3.5 (kernel)
HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4
HiSax: Total 0 card defined
hisax_isac: ISAC-S/ISAC-SX ISDN driver v0.1.0
hisax_fcpcipnp: Fritz!Card PCI/PCIv2/PnP ISDN driver v0.0.1
HiSax: Card 1 Protocol EDSS1 Id=fcpcipnp0 (0)
HiSax: DSS1 Rev. 2.32.2.3
HiSax: 2 channels added
HiSax: MAX_WAITING_CALLS added
PCI: Obtained IRQ 21 for device 0000:01:0d.0
hisax_fcpcipnp: found adapter Fritz!Card PCI at 0000:01:0d.0

The only thing that worries me is the line "HiSax: Total 0 card defined".

lspci -v looks ok now:
0000:01:0d.0 Network controller: AVM Audiovisuelles MKTG & Computer System
GmbH A1 ISDN [Fritz] (rev 02)
        Subsystem: AVM Audiovisuelles MKTG & Computer System GmbH
FRITZ!Card ISDN Controller
        Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 21
        Memory at febfff60 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=32]
        I/O ports at 7860 [size=32]

However, no calls are recognized by the card....

Now I start my guest OS (changing the  pci = ['01,0e,0'] to  pci =
['01,0d,0'] which sees my ISDN card:

HiSax: Linux Driver for passive ISDN cards
HiSax: Version 3.5 (kernel)
HiSax: Layer1 Revision 2.46.2.5
HiSax: Layer2 Revision 2.30.2.4
HiSax: TeiMgr Revision 2.20.2.3
HiSax: Layer3 Revision 2.22.2.3
HiSax: LinkLayer Revision 2.59.2.4
hisax_isac: ISAC-S/ISAC-SX ISDN driver v0.1.0
hisax_fcpcipnp: Fritz!Card PCI/PCIv2/PnP ISDN driver v0.0.1
HiSax: Card 1 Protocol EDSS1 Id=fcpcipnp0 (0)
HiSax: DSS1 Rev. 2.32.2.3
HiSax: 2 channels added
HiSax: MAX_WAITING_CALLS added
PCI: Obtained IRQ 21 for device 0000:01:0d.0
hisax_fcpcipnp: found adapter Fritz!Card PCI at 0000:01:0d.0

But again, no calls are recognized.

I have the feeling that this is an IRQ problem. I restarted the system
several times and I got it working once....

Does xen do anything special with interrupts I should be aware of?

Thanks,
Rene