Re: [Xen-users] Xen DOM0 on RHEL3

Pierre Gentile wrote:
Has anyone had some success in running RHEL 3 (Centos 3.5) as Dom0
and/or DomU?

I have CentOS 3.5 running as domU with FedoraCore 4 as dom0. I am using the FC4 2.6 domU kernel and have no problems (if you need kernel modules you should get different modutils, perhaps).

I have not managed to use CentOS 3.5 as dom0:
a) compiling xen 2.0.6 with the 2.4 kernel resulted in a unstable and crashing system b) the pre-built version I could not use because the kernels did not contain the scsi drivers I needed

You could try to use the 2.6 kernel or the unstable version with CentOS 3.5 as domU. I have not tried that. Right now I feel like going with CentOS 4 anyway.

Best Regards,
Michael Paesold